12 January 2022
Location: Euro Business Park, Newhaven, East Sussex
Responsible to: Group Purchasing Department
Closing date: Friday 21st January 2022
Brightwell Dispensers is a global independent designer and manufacturer of innovative soap, paper and chemical dispensing systems for the hygiene and cleaning industry.
We are looking for a self-motivated and positive Senior Buyer to join our Group Purchasing department.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Senior Buyer will report to the Group Purchasing and Operations Manager and will support the procurement team to achieve departmental and organisational goals. The main focus of the role will be electronics buying, primarily sourcing components to support the launch of new products and to ensure continuity of supply for existing product ranges.
This is a varied role that also includes establishing and developing the Indirect procurement activities for the organisation.
- CIPS qualified or willing to study towards
- Degree or relevant experience
- 3 years+ experience in a procurement role
- Electronics buying experience
- Indirect procurement experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing organisations
- Far East supply chains (desirable)
- Reshoring and reengineering projects (desirable)
- Auditing Suppliers (desirable)
- Ability to manage complex sourcing projects
- Commercial acumen and Negotiation
- Attention to detail
- Working to deadlines
- Time management
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- ERP Systems (Syspro / SAP etc) (desirable)
- Self-motivated and positive
- Able to work on own initiative
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
Interested? If you are interested in the above position, please send your CV to HR@brightwell.co.uk, with a covering letter.
A full job description is available on request from HR