We have a new opportunity for a Automation Operative, responsible to Line Co-Ordinator, working in the Automation department.
About the Role
- Maintain product quality standards in line with QA specifications.
- Adhere to company health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping standards to ensure everyone’s safety and adherence to the company’s 5S program.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- To work as part of a team to help and support others and provide proactive communication to highlight problems or opportunities for improvement.
- To operate semi-automated machines at the correct rate to assist or complete the manufacturing of finished product, sub-assemblies, and components.
Key areas of responsibility
- To operate production processes at the correct output rate to achieve the production plan and ensure the on-time delivery of goods.
- Production processes include manual assembly processes, inspection or operating machinery/equipment and may require basic adjustments or maintenance to maintain output rates and quality standards.
- To manufacture product to the required quality standards and record data as determined by the relevant quality standards or specifications.
- Adhere to company health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided by the company and must be always worn where specified.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks to ensure the safe and efficient operation of production processes and equipment.
- Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping standards to ensure everyone’s safety and support the company’s 5S program.
- Working as part of a team you will be expected to work in a proactive manner and help and support others to achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
- Be proactive in communicating any problems or opportunities for improvement to a manager, supervisor, or team leader to ensure speedy resolution.
- No formal qualifications required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes or experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Manual dexterity
- Good Level of verbal and written English is required to understand often complex instructions, reports, and quality assurance documentation.
- Quality focussed.
- Customer focussed.
- Good attention to detail
- Good timekeeping
- Proactive attitude
- Apprenticeship, NVQ or certified training in a manufacturing discipline
- Firsthand experience working on manual assembly processes or operating machinery or equipment
- Manual assembly processes
- Assembly or moulding equipment
- Inspection equipment
- Automated Machinery
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.